Based on SAML version 1 standard. This profile is used when the Service Provider wants to resolve or check a received assertion.
- Class: class name (readOnly field).
- Enabled: if it is checked (selected option is Yes) that protocol will be enable.
- Sign Responses: usually it can be set to never, as long as the assertions are signed. Its preferable to sign assertions rather than responses, because the assertion can be forwarded by the service provider to another service provider, but the response not.
- Sign Assertions: it's advisable to sign every assertion, so it avoids assertion spoofing. The assertion can be forwarded by the service provider to another service provider.
- Sign Request: the identity provider will issue requests to service providers in order to perform the single logout process. Unless it is needed by any service provider, leave it to conditional.